How to lose a muffin top in 3 days?
How to lose a muffin top in 3 days? "Muffin top" is a slang for belly fat that extends horizontally from the waistline, just above the buttocks, looking similar to that of a muffin top. It's also sometimes referred to as "love handles."
These names and descriptions may sound cute, but the reality is quite the opposite. Whatever you may call it, this extra belly fat is disliked by everyone who has it. There are several reasons for this dislike, ranging from physical aspects of the body to health concerns.
Are you fed up with the fat peeping out of your jeans, making you feel uncomfortable about your appearance? Have you got your eyes on a super stylish outfit, but your muffin top is holding you back from donning that outfit? Or are you simply concerned about your weight and the adverse effects it has on your health? If yes, you're in the right place!
This article will touch on all the necessary information you need to garner to lose your muffin top and prevent getting it in the long term.
Exercise + Lifestyle Changes = Reduced Muffin Top
The most efficient way of finding a solution to any problem is to get to its core! If you have a muffin top, chances are there are several spots in your body (other than the waistline) where extra fat is accumulated, such as thighs, arms, and lower back. What does it indicate? It indicates that your overall body weight exceeds the normal limit. Therefore, you need to focus on your overall body weight and reduce it as a whole. Only then you'll be able to reduce your muffin top
Getting rid of a muffin top within 3 days isn't possible. However, you can lose(sculpt) a considerable part of it, if you follow proper guidelines and adopt an effective strategy. By reducing your muffin top in 3 days, bit by bit, you can ultimately reach a point where you'll lose it entirely by following the same strategy repeatedly.
If you want to get maximum results, craft a workout plan consisting of total body workouts and part-specific exercises, and add some lifestyle (dietary) changes into your routine.
5 Part-Specific Exercises
Here are 5 exercises that are especially helpful for sculpting the belly fat, and will help you efficiently reduce your muffin top:
1. Vertical Dips
This exercise, also known as the "Candlestick Dipper" is one of the best exercises you can try for muffin tops. It's very effective since it focuses on the oblique muscles. The good part is it's not too intense and will not tire you out quickly, so you can perform this workout every day along with a total body workout of your choice. It puts your oblique muscles to optimum working, reducing the fat in your lower-belly over time if you consistently perform this exercise.
- Sit on your knees. Make sure your back is straight, and your abs are as tight and composed as they can. (If it's difficult for you to get on your knees or if it hurts, you can also use cushioning under them to provide added comfort and smoothness.)
- Extend your right leg horizontally towards the side, keeping your knee parallel to the floor and not in a drooping position.
- Raise your left hand over your head, keeping it perfectly straight. Stick your fingers together.
- Bend at your waistline, toward the left side. Bend down as low as possible.
- Try reaching a point while bending down where you're almost parallel to the floor.
- Get back up and attain your initial position.
- Perform 15 dips on the same side. Then turn to the right side and do the same over there.
2. Horizontal Dips
This exercise, also known as “Hip Dips”, focuses on training your oblique muscles and toning your waistline. Like the vertical dips, this exercise also puts your oblique muscles and the surrounding muscles to work, which will allow the extra fat sitting on your waistline to shrink.
- Form an abdominal bridge(plank) by getting into a pushup position.
- Now turn this into a forearm plank by bending your elbows 90 degrees. Rest your weight on your forearms, tightening your abs.
- Now do a forearm side plank by rolling to your left side. Put your right leg over your left leg such that it forms a stack.
- Bend (dip) your hip toward the floor, and lift back.
- Perform 10 dips on this side in the same way, then roll to the other side and do 10 dips there.
3. Rolling Plank
The plank exercise is a classic way of training various muscles of your body. Many alterations have been made into the classic plank exercise to train specific muscle groups to yield part-specific weight loss outcomes.
One such variation is the rolling plank. Although the rolling plank focuses on toning the entire midsection of the body, it is especially useful for toning your waistline. Since it involves a good amount of movement, it can also be considered as a cardio workout.
What's more: this exercise is comparatively a lot simpler than the above mentioned horizontal and vertical dips!
- Get into a regular plank position, with your abs tightened and arms straight. Your hands should be directly under your shoulders, and not inclined outwards.
Roll to your right side to get into a side-plank position. Now come back into the initial normal plank position.
Similarly, roll to your left side to get into a side-plank position. Now come back into the initial normal plank position.
- Complete 10 rolls on each side by alternating the sides.
4. Bottom Lift
As the name suggests, this exercise focuses on your butt's muscles and tones your lower-belly area. Although it is a relatively simple exercise, it's highly effective. Not only will it help you tone and sculpt your butt to perfection, but it will also help reduce the annoying muffin top, which you want to get rid of.
- Lie down on the floor on your back. Bend your knees. Make sure your feet sit flat on the floor.
- Now start lifting your butt, try reaching a point where your upper body and abdomen gets straight.
- Fall back again to the ground.
- Do the same lifting for 15-20 times.
5. The Russian Twist!
The Russian Twist comes with a twist in this article, since it includes weights, whereas the previously mentioned exercises didn't! We've included this exercise on our list because it's good to bring variation in your workouts. However, it isn't necessary to perform it with weights. But if you do, you'll achieve better and quicker results. This exercise tones your oblique muscles and strengthens your abs, thereby helping you to reduce your muffin top.
- Sit on your hips in a way that your feet are put flat on the ground, and your knees are bent.
- Now push yourself back a little.
- Now hold a dumbbell (it doesn't have to be too heavy) or a kettlebell in your hands. If you don't want to use weights, simply clasp your hand together tightly.
- Now rotate the dumbbell/kettlebell/hands from one side to another, twisting your body's trunk along with it.
- Do 10 twists on each side of the body.
Now here's the 3-day deal:
Or you can make a combination of any two exercises per day according to your strength level and feasibility, followed by the dietary tips we will discuss below.
3 Dietary Tips To Reduce A Muffin Top
1. Drink As Much Water As You Can
There is a reason why people trying to lose weight are suggested to increase their water intake. When you drink more water, you feel satiated, and your appetite decreases. This leads to reduced intake of sugars and calories, which will help you lose overall and belly fat.
2. Observe What You Eat
Monitoring your portions/meals is an essential part of a successful weight loss strategy. Eating healthy foods that will only provide you with the amount of calories as necessary will help prevent the accumulation of extra fat on your belly and shed the already-existing muffin top.
Also, cut down on your sugar intake. A diet high in sugar is one of the causes of getting a muffin top, as all the extra sugar in our body makes its way straight to the muffin top area.
3. Consume Fat-Burning Foods
While many foods promote weight gain, several foods prevent it! Such foods assist you in decreasing the extra fat present in your body because of their fat-burning properties. E.g., Avocados, Green Tea, Nuts, and Berries. Focus your meals around these foods, and you'll notice a considerable loss in your muffin top.
Many exercises focus on reducing the muffin top area, and combining them with a healthy diet will allow you to lose your muffin top in no time.