The Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
Are you looking for the different instant pot chicken breast recipes? If yes, then currently, you are at the right place because I am going to tell you the fantastic chicken breast recipes using this beneficial appliance. Now, instant Pot is a necessary part of the kitchen, just like your basic coffeemaker. These energy or time-saving appliances have genuinely altered the way of our typical cooking style, and we are now moving to a better one.
Anyone can quickly cook using this appliance, especially getting several chicken dishes on the table within no time. The best thing that makes it better from others; is it keeps chicken, specifically chicken breasts( that may often get tough, dry and stringy during another cooking process), tender and juicy every time.
Instruction for Making Chicken Breast in Instant Pot
- Before going to the recipes, it is incredibly important to provide you necessary information about using chicken breast in the Instant Pot and how it works better;
- You should cook it whole with your spices and seasoning. Most individuals either cook the chicken breast on top of a trivet or in the broth. Then you can slice it or even serve it whole.
- Shredded chicken is an excellent way to utilize your Instant Pot for. You must prepare the chicken breasts whole, and then you can shred and store it. You may even include a little amount of the cooking broth to the shredded chicken. It is necessary to keep your chicken moist.
- You may use Diced chicken breast in stews, soups, curries, chicken, and rice or potato recipes.
- You can add sliced chicken breast to Instant Pot pasta and risotto cuisines. You may partially cook the bigger slices or whole fillets in your pressure cooker and then finally cook it under the grill with melted cheese or place it in the oven.
The Top Most Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken & Potatoes
Do you like this one-pot meal? You can make this delicious and homely meal of chicken and potatoes with minimum preparation. Plus, cooking the potatoes and chicken at once allows for the flavors of the chicken, spices, and vegetables to combine significantly.
This combination contains starch that thickens the broth and makes it yummy and hearty. The benefit of this dish is due to its gluten-free and dairy-free (if no butter) nature. This dish is perfect for the people who are strictly on a diet!
- One big leek (only white or pale green portions), washed & cut into small cubes
- 1 oz or 27 g of butter (unsalted or unsalted, ghee or even olive oil-2 tablespoons)
- 2 medium-sized chicken breasts, diced
- 4 skinless chicken thighs cut into small cubes
- 3–4 large potatoes cut into large cubes
- 1 large (sliced) carrot
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas (if you want)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lemon (peeled)
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (white pepper optional)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- You can on the Instant Pot and use the Sauté function.
- Add the butter and leeks, and then cook for 3-4 min, until they change into a soft texture.
- Add your remaining ingredients; you can save some peas for later use.
- Stir everything in your instant pot, and press the Keep Warm/Cancel function to end the Sauté process.
- Then you can Place the lid, ensuring the top vent is pointing towards Sealing. Then Press the Manual setting, high pressure, and keep the time of about 10 minutes. After 3 beeps, the Pot will begin to produce the pressure and start the cooking process. The pressure must take approximately 10 minutes to build, 10 minutes of cooking, and overall 20 min of preparation time.
- During this time, add the rest of the peas to boiling water to make them defrost.
- Once the timer stops, permit 4-5 minutes for the pressure to release naturally; then, utilize an instant release technique (while keeping a distance from the Instant Pot, you can move the top vent knob to Vent, as the steam will shoot up in the air).
- Open the cover of the instant pot, stir through and serve with the defrosted peas and a little extra peeled lemon and black pepper (white pepper) for garnish, if you want it.
- If you keep it dairy-free, then change butter with olive oil.
- You can also replace the white potato with sweet potato.
- Easy Savory Chicken
This remarkable Instant Pot savory chicken dish is easy to make and highly. It’s suitable for meal preparation and batch cooking, it’s gluten-free and paleo-friendly, and you may enjoy it in different ways. You may utilize thigh meat and boneless chicken breast
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 chicken stock cube, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic diced/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder or onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce /Tamari
- 2 lb boneless chicken meat (chicken breast and thighs combination), diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Optional; ½ teaspoon chili powder or flakes or 1 teaspoon hot sauce for extra spice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- For thickening of broth, use 1 teaspoon tapioca flour/ cornflour
- 1/3 cup crushed scallions (white or green portion)
- You can add all of the recipe ingredients to the inner part of the Instant Pot and then stir through.
- Keep and lock the cover and set to Manual, high pressure for 15min. The pressure will take about 4-5 minutes to build up, and then the cooking will start. Once cooked, utilize the instant release technique to let off this pressure.
- Uncover the pot and stir in the tapioca flour or corn starch to thicken the broth or sauce. You can even add 1 tablespoon of water in cornstarch and mix it well. If you think that there is a considerable quantity of liquid, you may pour a little bit of it out first (chicken also releases a small amount of juice), but it may be useful as the sauce.
- In the last step, stir in the scallions (chopped) and garnish it with fresh cilantro.
For this Instant Pot dish, you may utilize boneless chicken breast or just chicken breast. This recipe may also work with chicken wings or drumsticks, and you may finish them in your oven with a small quantity of BBQ sauce, and you may also use honey soy sauce over the top.
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Are you ready to cook this instant pot recipe? If you didn’t try it before, now this is the time! This dish makes a protein-loaded and nutritious meal that you love to eat.
Teriyaki flavor presents the sweet and savory balance to the combination. You can easily combine it with steamed vegetables and rice from the Instant Pot, too. This recipe involves the substitutes for a pale-version.
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of skinless, boneless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 2/3 cups low sodium soy sauce, or you may even use coconut aminos or tamari for paleo
- 1/3 cup honey (low-carb sweetener for keto followers)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger or 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Mirin or dry sherry
- Black pepper or salt for flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper chili powder or chili flakes or Sriracha sauce
Corn Starch Slurry
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch or tapioca starch for paleo or don’t use it for Keto
- 3 Tablespoon of cold water
- For garnishing use sliced green onions sesame seeds
- For lunch bowls, you can use cooked rice, noodles, quinoa, baked shelled edamame beans, roasted or stir-fried broccoli (or other dark leafy green of your choice)
- Add your chicken in the Instant Pot.
- Take a small bowl and add soy sauce, honey, mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger, then pour it over chicken.
- Place and close the lid of Instant Pot.
- Turn the venting knob to sealing and press manuals or pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. The Pot will take 4-5 minutes to build up the pressure.
- Once the Instant Pot has ended cooking the chicken and beeps, it will permit it to be naturally released for 15-16 minutes.
- Open the cover and remove chicken from the t Pot and shred it using two forks.
- Press the sauté function on the Instant Pot. Mix the cornstarch with water and stir into the Pot (leave it for Keto if you want).
- Permit the sauce to thicken up.
- Check the flavor and adjust seasonings with black pepper, salt, black pepper, and hot chili powder or flakes if required.
- Place the chicken back into the Pot and mix with sauce and heat until hot. Serve it with any remaining sauce with your favorite rice or noodles.
- You can garnish with sesame seeds, green onions, and serve with rice, noodles, and quinoa if you want!
- Simple Season Instant Pot Chicken Roast
If you need to keep things simple or just require plain chicken breasts, it's a perfect skill to know how to make these recopies in the Instant Pot. These are plenty of pairing up with dishes throughout the week. You may cut them or warm them up in the oven for simple dinners alongside roasted vegetables. The seasoning on these is highly variable.
- 4 pieces of chicken breasts, diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or thyme, or another herb of choice
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder or chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon each salt and pepper
- Amazingly chopped parsley
- You should preheat oven to 425°F or 220°C.
- Pound chicken to 1.5cm "at the thick part – utilizing a meat mallet, rolling pin, or even using your fist (incredibly important tip for even cooking and tender chicken)
- Combine Seasoning
- Line tray with foil, baking or parchment paper and put chicken upside down this tray. Drizzle chicken with about 1 tablespoon of oil. Rub over with fingers and using a brush. Then add an adequate amount of spices.
- Flip chicken. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, rub it using your fingers, add the spices, cover as much of the surface area of these breast pieces as you can.
- You can bake it about 17-18 minutes, or until the surface is golden according to your choice, a meat thermometer is used to adjust the temperature.
- You can keep it away from the oven and instantly put the chicken to the plates.
- Before serving, wait for about 5 min; you can garnish it with freshly crushed parsley.
If your breast is quite big, for example, over 250g or 7 oz each, you can cut them to produce 2 thin steaks and leave the pounding; it is unnecessary. You must ensure they are no thicker than 1.4cm or 0.6" thick at the most abundant area- if they are, pound utilizing your fist.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
Lemon and garlic offer a remarkable taste with chicken. They're the amazing duo when it relates to cooking chicken. Even the untrained cook can make this one work, and those chances of success like cooking this recipe successfully just about double with the best kitchen appliance, Instant Pot.
You can make this dish for your lemon-garlic requirements. These are outstanding for slicing over a salad or combining with roasted vegetables like broccoli sprinkled in Parmesan.
- 1 to 2 pounds of thighs or breast chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of organic chicken broth, homemade
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (don't use for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine (do not apply for AIP)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (or more to taste)
- 3–4 teaspoons corn starch or arrowroot flour
- For preparing this dish, you can turn on your Instant Pot and press the sauté function. You can keep in the chopped onion and cooking fat
- Cook the onions for 6-10 minutes or until they become soft. You may also agree on cooking until they begin to perfect brown
- Place the rest of ingredients except for the corn starch or arrowroot flour and place the lid on your Instant Pot
- You can choose the chicken (poultry) setting and ensure that your steam valve is closed (13-15 minutes on Manual if you do not have this setting)
- You can permit the cooking time to complete, then release the steam valve to vent, and you can remove the cover of the instant pot carefully.
- At this moment, you can thicken your broth sauce by producing slurry. To do this, eliminate about 1/4 cup sauce from your instant pot, add in the corn starch or arrowroot flour, and then again add the slurry into the rest of the liquid.
- You should Stir and finally serve at once. It may also reheat well as leftovers.
- Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
These unique Instant pot Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts are always juicy, tender, and full of flavors! These pressure cooker chicken breasts prepare adequately in minutes from fresh or even frozen. You can serve the honey garlic instant pot chicken breast dish with quinoa, rice, and vegetables for a complete, instant dinner that you love to eat!
- 6 pieces of chicken thighs or chicken breast (bones may include or not and similarly skin may include or not)
- For seasoning use salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder and chopped garlic, also for the seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water (or you can use chicken broth)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar (or use apple cider vinegar, or any white vinegar for paleo version)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- You can season your chicken pieces with pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Then keep then aside for a few minutes
- Heat a skillet or pan over low to medium flame; sear chicken breast fillets or thigh fillets perfectly on both sides until reach a golden color and cooked through.
For Bone-in Chicken Thigh/Chicken Breast
- You should minimize the heat after searing on both sides, cover-up the pan with a cover, and carry on cooking until the chicken is thoroughly cooked t, while turning every 5 minutes until done.
- Drain most of the extra amount of oil from the pan or skillet, leaving about 2 tablespoons of skillet or pan juiced for added spice or flavor.
- When chicken is prepared and thoroughly cooked, arrange chicken skin-side up in the Instant Pot (if you are preparing it with skin); add the garlic between this chicken and fry until fragrant (about 30 to 40 seconds). Then add the water, honey, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Adjust the instant pot for better cooking, close the lid of the pot and continue to cook until the sauce minimizes and thickens slightly (about 3-4 min).
- You can garnish with parsley and also serve with rice, pasta, veggies or with a salad.
Chicken breasts; utilize 3 breasts, sliced horizontally in half. You are going to enjoy this instant pot recipe!
- Soy-Ginger Sesame Chicken Hibachi
This dish is prepared from fresh or frozen. This tasty Instant Pot soy-ginger chicken hibachi recipe is an ideal Japanese-inspired meal that you can eat with cauliflower rice, rice, quinoa, noodles or green veggies.
The chicken is adequately stir-fried in a soy ginger and sesame based sauce and a dollop of butter. It's a natural, healthy, and only requires a few ingredients.
- 3 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 1 and a half tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Crushed scallions /spring onions for garnish
- For serving green veggies, rice or noodles
- Add a cup of water and turn on the Instant Pot. Place a trivet inside and keep the chicken breasts on the top. You can lightly season with a bit of salt (almost 1/4 teaspoon). Seal the lid and set the time.
- While the chicken starts preparing, make the sauce ingredients and any sides like Bok choi or any other green vegetables.
- Once the chicken is prepared and the pressure is released, place the meat onto a cutting board. Remove the trivet and waste the water. Wash and dry the inner pot and again put inside the Instant Pot. Cut or shred the chicken.
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté Mode. Add sesame oil and butter. Allow it to melt. Stir in garlic and garlic. Cook for about a minute, until you feel fragrance.
- Pour in the lemon juice, soy sauce, and water and stir for a min. The sauce will start to bubble, and once it begins to thicken and caramelized, add the chicken and thoroughly mix. If it looks a little dry, add another splash of water and soy sauce. Turn off the Instant Pot or set to remain warm.
- For sides, you may pre-cook the rice in remaining time utilizing the Instant Pot. Bok choi was simply roasted in a frying pan under a cover with a few splashes of water. You can season it with a little sesame oil and salt.
This recipe can be prepared with chicken thighs, turkey, or pork. Prawns may also be useful with this sauce.
- Pulled Tandoori Chicken
If you love Indian food, then go for it. It is a Tandoori-style recipe, except this chicken is pulled. It is served with steamed rice, cauliflower rice, a side of steamed vegetables, or in a wrap. You may even use it cold over fresh slaw.
- 1 kg chicken breasts fat trimmed and cut into palm-sized slices
- 4 cups of chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 of chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- A slight pinch of table salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk can be a substitute for dairy-free plain yogurt if not paleo
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper optional but highly suggested
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
For Cooking Chicken
- You can load the pot with chicken stock and add the chopped onion and garlic. Then bring to the boil.
- Once it starts boiling, place the chicken breasts in the pot and close the lid. Cook until chicken is just prepared. Turn off the Instant pot and allow the chicken to cool after removing from pot.
- Once cooled, place chicken again into the pot and finely shredded the chicken using two forks. Then Add the Tandoori sauce and serve instantly.
For Making Tandoori Sauce
Take a bowl, add all the spices, and mix them well. Then add the coconut milk (or even Greek yogurt) and mix them thoroughly. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
If you want to eat the chicken later, do not add the sauce until you are going to eat to regulate freshness. You can refrigerate the Pulled chicken for 2-3 days without the sauce, or even frozen for up to a month.
Instant Pot is an excellent addition to your chicken appliances. It made your worth living by reducing the preparation time of meals. You can prepare several recopies using this remarkable appliance. I only included a few of the Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipes.
Hopefully, you like them, and I recommend you try these recipes. Trust me; you are going to love them!