What Aloe Vera Does In Your Body Why Egyptians Called It The Plant Of Immortality

Posted by Wen Dan Jiang on

What Aloe Vera Does in Your Body, Reason Why Egyptians Called It The Plant of Immortality

Aloe vera, also known as a plant of immortality by Egyptians, is a succulent plant species belonging to genus Aloe. This miraculous green cactus-looking plant has many incredible health properties. The leaves of aloe vera plant contain translucent gel, which is made up to 96% of water, while the remaining 4% are organic and inorganic compounds. It contains over 200 bioactive compounds, including vitamins, amino acids, polysaccharides, and minerals. Other than that, the plant possesses anti-microbial, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. 

Aloe vera plays a vital role in cleansing the body and removing toxins and invading pathogens. A substance present in aloe vera with numerous health benefits is acemannan. This complex carbohydrate supports the absorption of nutrients in the cells and prevents harmful toxins from invading the body. 

Aloe vera has a wide range of health and beauty applications. It is known to

  • Improve the effectiveness of the diet
  • Moisturize the skin
  • Reduce the effect of constipation
  • Reduce dental plaque
  • Provide healing properties, and repair damaged skin
  • Support muscle development 

Here is a brief explanation of why aloe vera is called a plant of immortality 

Skincare 

Aloe vera is a natural remedy for skincare. The active ingredients present in aloe vera gel help to restore elasticity and integrity of the skin. It treats skin infections, exfoliates dead skin cells, and soothes the skin. Apply aloe vera gel on the skin and let this magical gel work. Aloe vera can be used in both winter and summer season. 

Anti-aging properties

Being rich in vitamin C and beta carotene, aloe vera also provides potent anti-aging properties and moisturizes the skin. It works on all skin types, either dry, normal, or sensitive. It has strong healing properties. It acts on the epithelial layer of skin and treats stretch marks and burns. Apply aloe vera gel directly on the skin or mix it with some essential oils and massage it on the face. You will feel a visible difference in your skin.  

Digestive benefits 

Aloe vera contains enzymes like amylase and lipase, which are digestive enzymes and aid in breaking down fat and sugar molecules in the body. It also helps keep the process of digestion to run smoothly. The weak digestive system is linked to many health issues and can cause irritation or inflammation of the gut. Aloe vera helps to reduce the irritation of the stomach and treat inflammatory disorders. Studies have shown that it helps people with irritable bowel syndrome. 

Drinking aloe vera is beneficial for people with ulcerative colitis. It keeps the intestinal system healthy and is beneficial for the digestive tract.  

Aloe vera for hair fall 

Aloe vera contains proteolytic enzymes. The enzymes play their role in repairing dead skin cells of the scalp. It is an excellent conditioner and makes hair smooth and shiny. It prevents itching of the scalp and promotes hair growth. It also reduces dandruff and retains moisture of the hair. Aloe Vera is said to have a chemical makeup like keratin, the primary protein of hair. Therefore, it revitalizes the hair with its nutrients and increases their elasticity - making them more durable and resistant to breakage. 

How to use aloe vera

You can apply aloe vera gel on your face and hair. Alternatively, you can mix it with other oils or ingredients to increase its effectiveness. It can also be consumed orally straight from the plant. However, aloe vera juice is more convenient and palatable options. 

Related Posts

Health Benefits of Avocados
Health Benefits of Avocados There are various benefits of eating Avocado on a daily basis, such as it is good fo...
Read More
Health Benefits Of Swiss Chard
Health Benefits Of Swiss Chard In the Islands of Canary, around 350 BC, people found this vegetable. Then in the...
Read More
Health Benefits Of Spinach
Health Benefits Of Spinach The healthy vegetable of spinach is coming from the Persian region of the world. Accordi...
Read More
Health Benefits of Shrimp
Health Benefits of Shrimp The word 'Shrimp' is used to refer to one of the crustacean species. These species are fo...
Read More
Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil What are the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil? Olive oil has ...
Read More
Health Benefits of Crimini Mushrooms
Health Benefits of Crimini Mushrooms Mushrooms are fungi, a distinct dimension of nature from flora and fauna. T...
Read More

Share this post



← Older Post Newer Post →