Benefits of Garlic and When to Use It
Garlic is an herb that can be found all around the world. It originates from Siberia, but in no time, it started growing across the globe. It is closely related to onions, shallots, and leeks.
People use garlic to add flavor in their food, such as vegetables, meat, and soup. Fresh garlic, garlic powder, and garlic paste are used for cooking purposes.
But it is not limited to cooking only. Also, garlic has a wide range of importance in medicine. It is used to treat various conditions and illnesses, including high blood pressure, common flu, and high cholesterol level.
Garlic also consists of antifungal and antibacterial properties. That's why people start using it to treat various skin problems like acne. Furthermore, doctors recommend it to their skin patients as it provides nutrients to the skin.
Garlic is beneficial when used by athletes as a supplement like garlic extract. It makes the bones much stronger by increasing the capacity of estrogen. Hence, it also improves the bones' health, especially in women.
How to use Garlic
Garlic consists of a chemical known as allicin. That is responsible for its smell, also to treat certain conditions. Sometimes, people try to make it odorless, but it also results in less effectiveness of garlic. So one should be more careful while using garlic.
Traditionally, garlic is used to reduce fatigue. While doing exercise, People suffering from heart diseases and fatigue usually prefer to take a few drops of garlic oil to enhance their performances.
Roasting garlic is one of the most used techniques today. To use it in cooking, one should first heat the oil in the medium flame. Then add some garlic cloves and stir it continuously to prevent it from burning.
Garlic consists of vitamins and minerals that are used to combat acne. There is a proper way of using garlic to treat skin problems. One should take 3 to 4 cloves of it and apply it to the affected area. Leave it for a few minutes, and then wash your face. In case you have sensitive skin, then make a diluted solution by adding some water and then applying it on the face.
When to use garlic
If you take garlic as the first thing in the morning, then there are many health-promoting benefits. Taking garlic as detox will remove all the toxic substances from your body. It'll also smoothen the digestion process in the human body. One can easily make garlic a part of their diet.
You can also take garlic before going to bed. When the bacteria present in your stomach are not in action, it became easier to destroy them. Therefore, garlic makes your immune system much more robust.
Garlic detox drinks
A few of the most useful and helpful garlic detox drinks are: -
- Take 2 tbsp. of Apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, two crushed garlic cloves in a jug.
- Boil the water in the kettle, and then add it to the jug. Keep the jug aside for a few minutes.
- Mix some stevia powder into the jug to add some taste. Then your drink is ready to serve.
- Take a half lemon and squeeze it into a bowl.
- Take 3 to 4 garlic cloves and add them into the same bowl.
- Further add ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, and Wedderspoon Manuka Honey to the above mixture. Stir it well and pour it in two glasses.
For weight loss, you can make garlic and honey mixture. Take two cloves of garlic and 1 tbsp. of honey. Stir it well and leave it for 5-10 minutes. For perfect results, consume this potent drink with an empty stomach.
Garlic Herbal tea
Garlic Herbal tea is famous for its taste and health benefits. It consists of a few cloves of garlic, lemon, and honey. People suffering from common cold, fever, and sore throat use it for their recovery.
One can easily make garlic tea at home by just following some simple steps:
- Make sure you have garlic, lemon, and honey. If not, then you can buy it from any nearby store.
- To make garlic tea, you should take a saucepan and add three cups of water in it. Then add 3-4 cloves of garlic into the pan.
- As soon as the water started to boil, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add ½ cup of lemon juice and ½ cup of honey in it. Remove the cloves of garlic before serving.
Another famous version of garlic tea is "Ginger-Garlic tea." Ginger is very beneficial to keep your digestive system on track. Whereas garlic is responsible for flushing all the toxins things from your body. So their mixture would do many wonders as far as the digestive system is concerned.
- Take a saucepan and fill it with a cup of water. Add a few chunks of ginger along with one teaspoon of crushed garlic.
- Add half a teaspoon of black pepper into the saucepan. After 5 minutes, remove the saucepan from the flame.
- Add half a teaspoon of honey into the cup. Hence, your Ginger garlic tea is ready to drink!
For cooking lovers, garlic is a must thing in all their dishes. Its aroma makes food tastier and fresh.
- Garlic Knots Recipe: -
Garlic knot is one of the most famous and popular recipes.
One-pound pizza dough, flour, Garlic powder, 3-4 tbsp. Olive oil, ¼ butter, four garlic cloves, 2 tbsp. Parsley, kosher salt
- Take pizza dough and divide it into four pieces. Cover the split pieces into plastic wraps for 1-1 ½ hours.
- Separate one piece of 4 pieces and roll the dough into a rectangle shape at a floured surface. Now, Cut it into six stripes. Sprinkle garlic powder and flour all over the strips.
- Now take the strip one by one and knot them to get the desired shape. Repeat it for other dough too. Transfer it into the butter paper placed on the tray.
- Preheat the oven upto 400 C. Put the tray into the over for at least 15 minutes. While the baking period, take a pan. Add butter and garlic into it. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Take the knots into the bowl and add a butter garlic mixture from the top as a final step. Enjoy your delicious meal!
- Garlic Bread: -
Garlic bread is very popular in Europe and Asia. It has been served in the restaurants since 1950. It often gets paired with different dishes like pasta. Or people like to order it as a starter.
450g of Italian bread, half cup of simple butter, two smashed cloves of garlic, one tbsp. of parsley.
- To make garlic bread mixture take a bowl. Mix butter, garlic, and parsley together in it. Then take the bread and cut it into two halves.
- Spread the mixture onto the bread with the help of a knife. Preheat your oven at 300 to 350F. Sprinkle cheese before putting the bread into the oven.
- Bake the bread for 2-3 minutes till the edges of the bread are toasted. Use a knife to cut the bread into smaller pieces.
- Garlic Fried Rice: -
Garlic fried rice is on everyone's list. Its unique taste, crispiness, and the wonderful aroma is the reason behind its popularity. It can be served with so many dishes like chili chicken, Manchurian, etc.
Eight cloves of garlic, ⅓ cup of vegetable oil, few finely chopped pieces of ginger, 3 cups of rice, 2tsp sesame oil, one beaten egg, four sliced scallions, ¾ cup of cilantro, 2 tsp. cooked Sesame seed.
- Take a nonstick pan and add garlic and grape seed oil into it. Cook it until the color of garlic turns to a golden brown. Remove the garlic into the plate and season it with some salt.
- Now in the same pan, add two drops of olive oil and put ginger in it. Cook it for at least 2 minutes. Now add the beaten egg and stir continuously to break it.
- Add rice and sesame oil. Cook it until the rice becomes crispy. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle sesame seed, cilantro seed, and garlic from the top.
Side-Effect of Garlic
As we are very well aware of the fact that "Excess of everything is bad." So one should prevent excessive use of garlic. As garlic usually results in bad breath, allergic reaction, and swelling.
Also, while applying onto the skin, it turns out to be a little harsh, especially for sensitive skin. It can be a cause of redness, bruising, and itchiness. When people try to eat it raw, it can make them feel nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
The below is the table that will provide you important information about Ginger.
Nutrition Facts of Ginger- One Medium