How can I lose 30 pounds quickly?
How can I lose 30 pounds quickly? Losing weight is a matter mostly discussed by people nowadays as it has become a passion for looking smart and handsome. But losing 30 pounds is not an easy task. This requires time and proper planning to reach a goal. People face so many challenges while following a diet routine for weight loss. People do change not only diet routines but also their lifestyle that suits their plan for weight loss. Besides working on a weight loss schedule, one should also look for a healthy body. As said, a healthy body leads to healthy minds, so health should be considered first on the priority list. Thus, to lose weight quickly, there are certain rules that should be followed strictly that can also maintain a healthy body. Including these rules are sleeping and eating habits along with dietary intake and some changes in the lifestyle.
Change in eating habits
To lose weight, one of the most important things is to work on the eating habits. No matter how much you want to lose, but there are some changes that should be incorporated into eating habits.
- When it comes to weight loss, burning calories is very important. You have to burn more calories than you eat on a daily basis. High calorie diets like packed food, chips, etc. should be avoided as they contain more calories and less nutrients. Low calorie food that is also highly nutritious should be added to the part of meals like vegetables, fish, whole grains, fruits, legumes, meat, and poultry. Low calorie food should be taken as per proper plan because it depends on the person's activities, height, gender, and weight. The minimum number of calories also affects the metabolism that afterward slower the process of weight loss. It is suggested that reducing calorie intake should be 500 to 750 per week, losing 1 to 2 pounds every week.
- If a person is highly motivated to lose weight, he must say a big no to processed foods. Processed foods include potato chips, pretzel, fast food, noodles, and crackers, etc. Processed food is said to be high in calories and low in nutrients. A study proved that processed food is a cause of weight gain among adults and specifically among females. Different studies asserted that weight gain could also be caused by sugary drinks like soft drinks that should be avoided. For weight loss aspirants without sugar beverages are extremely helpful.
- Weight loss can speed up by adding proteins to your daily meal. This strategy works fast for people who want to quickly lose weight—taking protein in breakfast affects the working of ghrelin in the body that vitalizes hunger. So, the intake of protein in the morning is a helpful technique to lose weight. Multiple studies proved that people sometimes doubled their intake of protein to lose weight more quickly significantly. Weight loss diet that is mostly recommended by dietitians includes highly proficient protein foods like fish, chicken, meat, eggs, legumes, dairy, tofu, etc.
- Fiber intake is suggested to be increased for weight loss aspirants. Fiber is mostly a plant food nutrient. There are two types of fiber, but soluble fiber is helpful for weight loss. Soluble fiber captivates water and slower downs the digestive system that gives you a feeling of being full. You are less tempted to eat more food as you feel your stomach is full. One of the significant benefits of fiber intake is that it normalizes the sugar levels in the body. Imbalance of sugar levels increases hunger that can lead to weight gain. So, high fiber intake prevents you from eating more. You can find soluble fiber in foods like legumes, seeds, whole grains, fruits, and green vegetables.
- Drinking enough water is a noteworthy step towards weight loss. It is proven that drinking a glass of water before every meal reduces the calories and leads you to weight loss. Different studies suggested that a person should drink 500ml water daily that increases the burning process of calories within a day. It is a major step towards losing 30 pounds of weight quickly.
Changes in the lifestyle
Controlling food is not the whole strategy that can lead you to weight loss. Additionally, you also have to modify your routine and lifestyle to get better results of weight loss quickly.
- By adding cardio to the daily routine, exercise boosts the speed of weight loss. By doing cardio, you increase your heart rate to speed up the process of burning calories. This physical activity should be maintained by 15 to 20 minutes daily to acquire quick results. Cardio, also called aerobic exercise, includes swimming, hiking, walking, boxing, jogging, biking, etc. One of these physical activities can be added to the daily routine. It is suggested that such activities should be added to the routine slowly and avoid tiring the body from the start. With the passage of time, the intensity and frequency of these activities can be increased.
- Another important exercise can also be taken into account to weight loss that is resistance training. This physical activity enhances strength and resists shrinking muscles. It helps to reduce calories and enhances the work of metabolism that leads to weight loss. Some of the resistance training include pushups, lifting weights, squats, planks, crunches, etc. All these are beneficial physical activities that help you to lose weight quickly and maintain health as well.
Tips for weight loss
Losing 30 pounds quickly is not an easy job, but still, if you follow these tips, they help you achieve your goal. Let us have a look at these tips:
Slow eating will help you to chew food properly, and it will also help you to take fewer quantities of calories. When you eat slowly, it will minimize the consumption of food as well, and as a result, your calorie intake will be lessened automatically. Moreover, more chewing will enable you to digest food properly. So, these two factors of reduced food size and proper digestion will contribute to losing weight quickly.
Fad diets are not the real solution for weight loss; rather, if you take a fad diet, then there are chances that you could ignore essential nutrients from the diet. Fad diets are plans that are promoted by different celebrities, websites, television programs, or journals. In many of these sources, the diet plans are not thoroughly researched and hence can create health problems instead of weight loss. These eating patterns create cravings and lead you to overeat as these diets cannot satisfy the need of the body.
The human body is controlled by the secretion of different types of hormones. There is a particular type of hormone that is produced in the body at the time of stress. This hormone is cortisol and produced in the combination of epinephrine and norepinephrine hormones. When stress is released, the epinephrine and norepinephrine level starts coming down quickly as compared with cortisol. Cortisol will create more energy and start the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats quickly; this will increase your appetite, and you will start eating more and more junk food. So, in order to lose weight, you have to manage your stress level, and this can be done by having exercise, yoga, and some mental and physical activities.
If you have a healthy diet, proper exercise, and an adequate plan to lose weight loss, but you are not taking proper sleep, then all efforts will go in vain. Adequate sleep contributes much to weight loss. Research showed that if you sleep eight hours a day, then there are chances of losing weight almost 40% more than normal. Here quality and quantity of sleep both matters; taking a sleep of eight hours only will not affect your weight; the quality of sleep will help more. If you are not having a good quality of sleep, there are chances of getting an increase in appetite, which will lead to overeating, and eventually, the weight will be gained.
Set realistic targets of weight loss for yourself; it will help you achieve your targets and feel of pride and satisfaction that will help you carry on the struggles of weight loss for a longer time. According to experts, there are many factors to consider setting a target for yourself, including your age, gender, and current weight. According to doctors who set a target of losing 1 to 2 kg of weight per week, some doctors suggest losing one percent of total body weight in a week. In this way, you will be able to lose thirty pounds within a few months. It should be kept in mind that for the first week your weight loss will be quicker than the second week and so on the pace of losing weight will decrease.
However, losing 30 pounds looks extremely difficult, yet this can be done by making changes in the routine of your life and sustaining the routine of weight loss. It should also be kept in mind that overall health is essential. Your determination and hard work will make you achieve the 30 pounds weight loss in a short time.